Senior Cost Controller
Establish and communicate processes and routines required for effective control and reporting during the project lifecycle to all team members.
- Develop a common understanding of the tender budget and ensure its transfer to the cost management system in order to establish first project forecast.
- Establish a project coding structure in accordance with the group guidelines.
- Establish interdependence with contract WBS, plan and budget/forecast.
- Assist/liaise with Project Planner for maintenance of project WBS & NWA structures.
- Oversee the timely coding, collection, analysis and reporting of all project expenditure, together with budget holder(s).
- Responsible for the reconciliation of forecasted and actual expenditures and the production of project accruals.
- Responsible for the overall coordination of changes to the forecast based on inputs from Client, project management and other project team members as applicable.
- Ensure in-depth analysis and reporting of variances on a monthly basis.
- Prepare/compile cost and financial input to the PMSR (Project Monthly Status Report).
- Provide accurate project long term cash flow forecast on a monthly basis.
- Perform economic analysis, deviations, probability, and support project management on any accounting issues and reporting related to the project.
- Participate in estimation of Variation Orders, prepare supporting data and documentation and evaluate the economic impact of variations in scope of work.
- Responsible for production of Client cost reporting package on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly invoices to Client.
- Prepare and/or review Close-Out Documentation, both internally and externally.
- Ensure proactive methods in sharing knowledge and experience, raising areas of difficulty and concern and assisting in improving routines.
- University level Business Degree, ideally in Cost Management, Project Management, Finance or Engineering.
- Broad experience of establishing and leading Cost Control on various types and size of projects.
- Relevant previous experience at an appropriate level in the subsea or offshore environment.
- Technical knowledge and application of Cost Control and associated systems.
- Experience in SAP and/or Promineo Cost is an advantage.
- Strong Excel knowledge.